A Pro/Semi-pro case to install your Raspberry-Pi
Among all the cases for Raspberry-Pi, this base case + cover attracted our attention by its very PRO approach.
- The finish is really neat.
- It will allow you to place your Pi 2 or Pi B Plus safely.
- It has enough place to accommodate an expansion/prototyping card
- It is equipped with slits to be able to output a ribbon (for a Pi-Cobbler Plus) and the camera Pi.
- The Pi is kept in place with fixing screws.
- The cover is also kept in place using screws (from the back).
- A slit is also provided to insert your micro SD card (it doesn't exceed the box).
On the other hand, this case also makes it possible to realize professional applications/products based on Raspberry-Pi 2 and Pi B+ because:
- The case is closed with screws (no clips, screws)
- It has fixing holes to hang the case on a surface... see 4 holes provided for a final fixation of the case.
- Optional - It is possible to protect the SD card with a special cover (see exploded view, available soon)
- Optional - It is possible to hide the USB/Ethernet ports with a special cover (see exploded view, available soon)
- Optional - It is possible to hide the HDMI connector, Micro USB, Jack with a cover (see exploded view, available soon)
- Optional - Need more space in the case, you can acquire a spacer between the base and the cover (see exploded view, available soon)
- Two part case for Raspberry-Pi 2 and Pi B+
- Integrates a special piece to guide the light of the LEDs to the outside of the case.
- The case and cover are opaque black.
- Location to extract the SD card.
- Slit to let the GPIO 40-wire ribbon go
- Slit for camera Pi
- Matt finish
- Wall mounting possible (suspension and fixing)
- Pi kept in place with 4 screws
- Optional cover (dust protection or connector protection).
- Optional spacers - 10mm, take place between the base and the cover (the spacers are stackable)
- Available in several colors (frosted, white, black, blue, pink)
- Opaque plastic base (frosted effect).
- Cover (with transparent area).
- 4 fixing screws for the cover.
- 4 fixing screws to hold your Pi in the case.
The Raspberry-Pi 2 and Pi B Plus and optional items are not included (only used for illustrative purpose).
HiFiBerry - Tips & Tricks
Back customer, we learned that this semi-pro case offered a very interesting alternative for HiFiBerry sound cards (leaving more space). You will have to remove your tools to make output holes for the RCA plugs. An easy operation to do with a simple drill ;-)
Another tip is to use a semi-transparent spacer (available in the range) behind which you could place RGB LEDs to achieve beautiful effects.